The Cardiology Department receives patients who are taken care of by specialized cardiologists and cardio-thoracic surgeons, assisted by a capable paramedical team (specialized nurses, kinesitherapists, dieteticians, etc.)
- Interventional cardiology made a considerable leap and cardiac surgery acquired new effective techniques in our team.
- This department is composed of different units:
- The Operating Room meets all surgical standards and urgent needs, extracorporal circulation, hypothermia, minimally invasive surgery…
- Post-Operative Care Unit (CSU)
- Coronary Care Unit(CCU)
- Noninvasive Tests Units: Cardiac Monitoring, Rhythmic Holter, Blood Pressure, Holter, Stress Testing, Cardiac Doppler and Echocardiography.
- The unit treating cerebral, thoracic, abdominal and peripheral vascular diseases: Arteriography of the aorta and all visceral cerebral and peripheral arteries, and invasive procedures to treat diseases of these arteries, namely:
- Angioplasty of the aorta and carotid, renal mesenteric and all peripheral arteries, with stent implantation. Endovascular treatment of the thoracic and abdominal aorta coiling of cerebral aneurysm and other vessels.
- Invasive and Interventional Cardiology Unit: Cardiac catheterization: cornary angiography, coronary angioplasty and stenting. Treatment of hyperthrophic obstructive cardionuyopathy percutaneouslyc (transnuyocardial septal ablation). Pacemaker implantation. Pericardial invasive procedures for ischemic heart disease and for heart failure.